Drums For Dummies, 2nd Edition by Jeff Strong
Dreaming of drumming? Here’s where to start!
Do you find yourself tapping on the tabletop whenever music plays? It’s time to turn table-drumming into the real thing. The simple, easy-to-follow advice in this book gets you going, whether your goal is to start a band or just to play for your own enjoyment. Conquer the basics of the drums while you discover the different rhythms of rock, blues, Latin, and other music styles. You’ll also find advice on playing other percussion instruments, buying and maintaining a drum set, performing for an audience, and much more.
Drums For Dummies Inside:
• Begin with basic rhythms
• Learn fundamental techniques
• Choose the perfect drum set
• Find out how to tune drums
• Explore rhythms from around the world
• Discover how drums are used in different musical styles
• Explore techniques that develop your rhythm
• Learn the tips and tricks of different drumming styles
• Follow the steps to set up and tune a drum kit.